MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What type of knot do I tie for the lure?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bokyong

What type of knot do I tie for the lure? Empty
PostSubject: What type of knot do I tie for the lure?   What type of knot do I tie for the lure? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:02 pm

I am pretty new to fishing and bought a couple of 1oz Lures from Brians Fishing Supply on King. I have a Shimano 4000 with Power pro braided line. What type of leader, connection and knot do you reccomend I tie? I'm just planning to whip from shore probably Kbay side or maybe Portlock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: knots/connections   What type of knot do I tie for the lure? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:57 am

bokyong wrote:
I am pretty new to fishing and bought a couple of 1oz Lures from Brians Fishing Supply on King. I have a Shimano 4000 with Power pro braided line. What type of leader, connection and knot do you reccomend I tie? I'm just planning to whip from shore probably Kbay side or maybe Portlock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum! and Mahalo for buying my lures. For the 1oz. ck out this info form my "Technical Stuff" thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wGxSyIESo8 Cabelas 10' XML-line 10-20lb. lure 1/2-2oz. Trout and Salmon rod. Shimano Stella 5000fa loaded with 40# Powerpro tied with a Bimini and then Uni-Uni with 40# Seaguar leader 3-4' then to a Macmahon snap swivel #2 (44lb) with a Palomar knot. If these knots are too difficult use a Spro swivel tied 1st with the leader then tie to the braid with a Palomar or double the braid and tie a Uni. Final connection to the lure or a high quality snap swivel. I like the Macmahon from Cabelas. Fast retrieves are best! m
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishinglureshawaii.com/
michael

PostSubject: Re: What type of knot do I tie for the lure?   What type of knot do I tie for the lure? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:11 am

could you post a picture of that setup and explain into a little more detail.
thanks
Back to top Go down
Pecheur

PostSubject: Re: What type of knot do I tie for the lure?   What type of knot do I tie for the lure? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:29 am

Hi Michael,

This is the type of knots I use, they are very simple, but not sure if they fit the conditions of fishing in your location.
Question

First the line to leader knot:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/545157/how_to_tie_an_albright_knot/

Then the knot for the lure or snap:
http://www.illawarraflyfishers.com.au/tips/lefty_loop_knot.html

As I said, I do not know if these are any good for your part of the world and the fish that swam near you. So No guaranty as their quality for your type of fishing.
But they are good enough for fishing down here.

Hope this help.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: my knots   What type of knot do I tie for the lure? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:08 pm

michael wrote:
could you post a picture of that setup and explain into a little more detail.
thanks
This is my 100lb. rig. A little easier to see the knots. 1st I do a Bimini, cut the loop and twist ends to make a braid. Tie off with a square knot. Then do the Uni-Uni carefully tightening all ends. I use gloves to protect from braid cuts and needle nose Visgrips to tighten tag ends. Then the Palomar at the swivel or lure.
What type of knot do I tie for the lure? My_kno10
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishinglureshawaii.com/
Kevinea

PostSubject: Re: What type of knot do I tie for the lure?   What type of knot do I tie for the lure? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Amazing fish Mark!! Can't wait to try these lures on the South side and come home with some dinner!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What type of knot do I tie for the lure?   What type of knot do I tie for the lure? Empty

Back to top Go down

What type of knot do I tie for the lure?
Page 1 of 1