MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1/2 lure too big to catch "pan fry"?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
el3te3

1/2 lure too big to catch "pan fry"? Empty
PostSubject: 1/2 lure too big to catch "pan fry"?   1/2 lure too big to catch "pan fry"? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 3:09 am

New to MW lures. Bought two 1/2 oz'ers and been trying a couple times with no luck. It's ok cause I'm a very patient person but my question is: Are 1/2oz lures too big to catch 1lb - 3lb Papio? I love the "Pan fry" size. Mahalo
Back to top Go down
Max1975

PostSubject: Re: 1/2 lure too big to catch "pan fry"?   1/2 lure too big to catch "pan fry"? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:06 pm

You would be suprised by how big of a lure papio will attack. I've caught numerous 1lb papio on the 3oz plug and the 2 1/2 oz bar. The small ones can be very aggressive! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mw

PostSubject: Re: 1/2 lure too big to catch "pan fry"?   1/2 lure too big to catch "pan fry"? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:03 am

Max1975 wrote:
You would be suprised by how big of a lure papio will attack. I've caught numerous 1lb papio on the 3oz plug and the 2 1/2 oz bar. The small ones can be very aggressive! Very Happy
Roger dat! I had a 1 lber strike a 6 oz bar the other day. Talk about eyes bigger than his stomach.
Back to top Go down
el3te3

PostSubject: 1/2 lure too big to catch "pan fry"?   1/2 lure too big to catch "pan fry"? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:29 pm

Mahaloz guys! I was concerned if I should "step it down" a notch but I'll stay with the 1/2oz'ers and go fo broke! Wassup wit the rumour of bananas bringing bad luck on a fishing trip? ever hear of that? jus wondering....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/2 lure too big to catch "pan fry"?   1/2 lure too big to catch "pan fry"? Empty

Back to top Go down

1/2 lure too big to catch "pan fry"?
Page 1 of 1