MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days)

Go down 
+2
localhawaii
Huelo Hanapa'a
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Huelo Hanapa'a

Huelo Hanapa'a

9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) Empty
PostSubject: 9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days)   9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:04 am

Lure: 1.5 black with Red eyes. Pink and yellow skirt to cover a double barb hook replacing the treble.

I seem to only get action with the black lure in the early morninig and late afternoons. I guess its the calmer water, low wind, and color of the lure during these times of day which attract the strike.

After months of trying, Im finally getting the hang of the MW lures and the feel of how the lure should look. I am now getting more hookups and chases and its very exciting.

9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) Dsc00714
Back to top Go down
localhawaii

PostSubject: Re: 9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days)   9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Nice catch! I have a 1/2 oz black (among others) and have had zero action with it. Your post gives me some hope to bring that lure back out the tackle box!
Back to top Go down
Pecheur

PostSubject: Re: 9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days)   9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi there,

I too seem to see more action on the black lure early in the day, or late in the afternoon.

Maybe the clear ones should be used in full light and the dark ones in the morning and evening?

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: 9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days)   9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Right on Huelo, perfect size. Me, I lost two new MW lures yesterday. A new green/ yellow 1 oz and solid green 1 oz. Ouch Mad
Back to top Go down
Kevinea

PostSubject: Re: 9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days)   9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:17 pm

Congratulations on the nice catch man! Never really got much action with my black w/red eye lure yet. Just some barracudas chasing here and there, but nothing major yet.

Bummers to hear you lost two lures in a day.. Shocked That really does hurt. I also lost a couple lures myself. Makes you want to affraid and Sad

As alright though, catching fish makes up for it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: 9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days)   9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Kevinea wrote:
Congratulations on the nice catch man! Never really got much action with my black w/red eye lure yet. Just some barracudas chasing here and there, but nothing major yet.

Bummers to hear you lost two lures in a day.. Shocked That really does hurt. I also lost a couple lures myself. Makes you want to affraid and Sad

As alright though, catching fish makes up for it! Very Happy

You know the feeling also Bra? I put a brand new Shimano reel on the pole so no more bail getting hang up.
Back to top Go down
Kevinea

PostSubject: Re: 9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days)   9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:05 am

MauiGuy wrote:
You know the feeling also Bra? I put a brand new Shimano reel on the pole so no more bail getting hang up.

Haha, I almost lost a lure the other day because my line got hung up on my bail! Was a close one; but good thing was pretty deep water, so I had enough time to get the line off and started reeling the lure in..

Almost ruined my day there.. Rolling Eyes

Hopefully we wont lose any more Lures from now on. Something cannot help losing um, but we can try to prevent it from happening. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: 9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days)   9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 11:25 am

To bad Mark could not create a floating ceramic lure. Revolusionize the sport.
Back to top Go down
Kevinea

PostSubject: Re: 9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days)   9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:19 am

MauiGuy wrote:
To bad Mark could not create a floating ceramic lure. Revolusionize the sport.

Brah! If Mark made a floating ceramic plug for whipping, that would be one crazy lure. Never really have to worry about losing um when they sink. Makes a person sad to see one of their beloved Mark White Lures lost into the sea.
Would be pretty awesome if they could float though.. Not to sure how that would work out.

afro
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: float or not to float   9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:27 am

That is a good question. I've actually worked on a few prototype formulas. That research is ongoing. Sinking is a mixed blessing. A lot of fisherman like to swim lures below the surface in all the sizes I make. So I think if they had a choice it would be good. If I can get a body that was neutral density and still of similar size, it could be good for everyone. I'll keep you posted as to any developments in this area. m
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishinglureshawaii.com/
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: 9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days)   9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:29 am

Admin wrote:
That is a good question. I've actually worked on a few prototype formulas. That research is ongoing. Sinking is a mixed blessing. A lot of fisherman like to swim lures below the surface in all the sizes I make. So I think if they had a choice it would be good. If I can get a body that was neutral density and still of similar size, it could be good for everyone. I'll keep you posted as to any developments in this area. m

If anyone can make ceramics float, it would be you and it would probably have way more uses then just fishing lures. Hey isn't the Space Shuttle covered with ceramic tiles to stop it from melting on re'entry?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days)   9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days) Empty

Back to top Go down

9'' Omiliu- aprox. 1lb (2 omilu in 3 days)
Page 1 of 1