MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

kaneohe bay kaku action

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
localhawaii

kaneohe bay kaku action  Empty
PostSubject: kaneohe bay kaku action    kaneohe bay kaku action  EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:22 am

Aloha!

After chasing the lure a couple times, I brought the lure back in and instead of reeling it up and out of the water, i stopped reeling and pulled the lure with the pole itself. As I was pulling the lure up and out of the water the kaku literally jump out of the water, grabbed the lure and tried to swim off. Wasnt much of a fight because he didnt get far, but still super exciting. Poor guy swallowed most of the lure and immediately started to bleed out. Was using the ounce Oama style lure and was my first time out with my new pole/reel setup and lure! On a side note the kaku did a number on my 80# mono connected via palomar to the lure. Now I know why mark says to get the Macmahon swivels!

kaneohe bay kaku action  Cimg1698x

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: kaneohe bay kaku action   kaneohe bay kaku action  EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 8:36 pm

Excellent story and catch! Just curious what your set up is for the 1 oz. You said you ran the 80# leader to the lure, but how do attach the 80 to what size mainline? What reel, and pole? Mahalo for the post, m
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishinglureshawaii.com/
localhawaii

PostSubject: Re: kaneohe bay kaku action    kaneohe bay kaku action  EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 3:13 am

Mark,

I followed your recommendation for the 1.5 oz setup but was using a one ounce lure cause they didnt have the oama in 1.5. So it was the 10' nitro with the stradic 8000. I went with 65# power pro line to a 80# mono. I couldnt tie a bimini to save my life (only been whipping for about a month now) so I took the braid and made a triple surgeons knot. I cut the loop and braided by hand and then tied it off at the end. From there I did an uni uni to about 5 feet of 80# mono and then a palomar directly to the lure. I found it easier to tie the uni on the braid side first and then the mono, if that is any help to anyone. I am waiting for the mcmahon swivels to get delivered so hopefully by the end of the week. My next lure will be the 1.5 and if I get bold enough a 3 oz. I think you said I should be able to throw 3 ouncers with this setup right? Thanks!

ps

at the place i normally whip at, some of usual suspects refer to me as the "mark white lure guy"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kaneohe bay kaku action    kaneohe bay kaku action  Empty

Back to top Go down

kaneohe bay kaku action
Page 1 of 1