MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recommended fishing reel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
islandfisherman808

Recommended fishing reel Empty
PostSubject: Recommended fishing reel   Recommended fishing reel EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:15 pm

So i have a 10' shakespeare ugly stik fishing rod, and i am having trouble finding a nice fitting reel. i have a Shakespeare Prius20X Spinning Reel and i feel as if its a little bit too big. so im using a smaller one, but it feels a little weird. Could i have advice please, thank you
Back to top Go down
mw

Recommended fishing reel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended fishing reel   Recommended fishing reel EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:55 pm

islandfisherman808 wrote:
So i have a 10' shakespeare ugly stik fishing rod, and i am having trouble finding a nice fitting reel. i have a Shakespeare Prius20X Spinning Reel and i feel as if its a little bit too big. so im using a smaller one, but it feels a little weird. Could i have advice please, thank you

I think I put a Penn 8500ss on it years ago. I didn't like the rubbery quality of the 10' Ugly Stick. The after cast movement was killin my wrists and arms. It's really important to have a balanced rig for hours of casting pleasure. Go to one of the fishing stores like Brian's or Charly's for some expert guidance.
Back to top Go down

Recommended fishing reel
Page 1 of 1