MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First time owner MW Lures

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UncleWeno

First time owner MW Lures Empty
PostSubject: First time owner MW Lures   First time owner MW Lures EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:17 am

I recently got back into shoreline whipping after catching a 17 1/2" Omilu ( using a 2" Obake curly tail) this past Labor Day. It's been at least over 5 years since I've seen my Penn 4400ss get it's line ripped out like that! Anyways, being from Kaua'i I've always heard about Mark's lures. So I picked up two this week. A white with red eye and the new oama color, both 1 oz. I was so excited to test them out today after work, I went straight to my little fishing spot and tested out the white lure first. I can't believe how far you can whip these lures. After about the 5th cast, I got a really big strike. Something ripped my line twice but I lost it right after I tried setting the hook. I was pumped! But wanted to try out the oama colored lure too. The action was slow and upon my last cast, my stupid albright knot/splice (braided to mono leader with bimini twist) caught the last eye in a weird way and I saw the oama flying to the horizon Crying or Very sad The sun was setting and I was hungry. Although no catch today, I do believe in these lures and I'll be back with another oama lure and get a big one...one day!

This was from my Labor Day catch using a 2" Obake curly tail in the morning. Next one I'll release Very Happy
First time owner MW Lures Omilu

Back to top Go down
Pecheur

PostSubject: Re: First time owner MW Lures   First time owner MW Lures EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:02 am

Hey UncleWeno,

Welcome to the club!
Wink

And that is a nice fish!

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Back to top Go down
mauiboy96768

PostSubject: First time owner MW Lures    First time owner MW Lures EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:11 pm

I was wondering if u used a bubble or an egg sinker?
Back to top Go down
Old Whippers

PostSubject: Re: First time owner MW Lures   First time owner MW Lures EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Aloha,

Not much time to shore cast so we started to whip in the morning or just before sun set. I got some lures from
Mark and I had to be the one to try them out got some fun action lost 1 on the beach when the wave came and lost
another one ...still rookie when come to whipping..LoL Ganny took her whipping set up back he he he. So I ordered
me some. What better way to get some exercise walking the beach and whipping and show granny who's the man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: First time owner MW Lures   First time owner MW Lures EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Nice catch UncleWeno, cheers ....Gotta eat some of um, make spending all the $$$$ and time worth it....But yea, release what you not going eat is great for the future fishermen and women....I had that happen also a few weeks ago, my leader line broke on the cast and I watched the MW 1 oz. lure make like a airplane....Those buggas go far without any line trailing....Forget trying to dive um for cause it is gone....If get stuck on the rock on retrive, you can follow the line and get um back, but when the line break, as they say "Aloha Oi"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time owner MW Lures   First time owner MW Lures Empty

Back to top Go down

First time owner MW Lures
Page 1 of 1