MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

No fish but freaked out !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pecheur

No fish but freaked out ! Empty
PostSubject: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:04 am

Hi there,

Went to East Point my favourite land based fishing spot, two weeks ago...
And guess what did I saw over there? ...

Hadn't been there in a long time and the thing have changed...
First the parking has been redone.
Then even the fish had changed: They have stopped getting hooked on my lures...
Just got two hits, one pretty big and one pretty small, but none stayed connected...

And then I saw this huge log moving in the water...

And has it was moving against the tide's current I started to pay attention to it...

It was in fact the biggest croc I have ever seen in the wild.

So big that I kept saying to myself: This is not a croc, this is too big to be a croc...
Took a few quick pic, and started to feel uneasy...
The "log" swam all around the reef where I usually fish. Arriving from my left, and circled the rock ledge I was standing on to the right of it, then disappeared under water so I decided to go home...
I have seen a few crocs since I started fishing down here, but by fare that was the biggest and more inquisitive one.

When I posted this on a forum from down here, a guy said that he saw a croc at the same spot, that looked bigger than his boat just a few days before, and he has a 4 Meters boats (13.12336 foot).

Here are two pics...
Not the best in the world I know...
The first one is the animal from far away, to have a sense of scale, and the second one is zoomed in.
I apologise for the bad quality of the images, it is just that my new fishing camera, is not super good... (was cheap...)...

So no fish in this report, but it gives you an idea of other things that we may see when fishing...
And to think that I used to love going fishing in this spot at night...

Have a good day,
Pecheur.

No fish but freaked out ! C110

No fish but freaked out ! C210
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:46 am

You really do not want to go swimming there. Shocked Hope there never reach Hawaii.
Back to top Go down
Purplexity

PostSubject: Re: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:11 pm

If there ever do come to hawaii all you gotta do is start one tournament with one huge grand prize, And slide chickens Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:41 pm

Purplexity wrote:
If there ever do come to hawaii all you gotta do is start one tournament with one huge grand prize, And slide chickens Very Happy

I not going get my hook back from that mouth, gotta bring the magnum for that instead of the gaff affraid . Make plenty boots out of one of those though.

Hey, two Maui guys on this board, was up ? Where the papios stay on that side? Lahaina no more.

Last edited by MauiGuy on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kevinea

PostSubject: Re: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:43 pm

^^ Would be insane if they reached Hawaii!!
Would have a new breed of huntas.. Not Ulua any more! Croc Huntaz! Slide Chickens and massive Mongoose! Haha.

Would be mean!
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Kevinea wrote:
^^ Would be insane if they reached Hawaii!!
Would have a new breed of huntas.. Not Ulua any more! Croc Huntaz! Slide Chickens and massive Mongoose! Haha.

Would be mean!

Go big, slide one goat, live bait um. 500# test wire leader , wonder if my hawaiian Angler pole would handle scratch
Back to top Go down
Kevinea

PostSubject: Re: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Quote :
Go big, slide one goat, live bait um. 500# test wire leader , wonder if my hawaiian Angler pole would handle scratch

Hahahahaha Laughing I can picture two local bradas tryin to slide one live goat! Stopper ring going be one gear ring from somebody's 3rd member and pumpkin! Hahaha. 250-300lb mono mainline and wire leader.
Not so sure about the Hawaiian Angler poles being able to handle, try some nitro's first! Laughing

afro
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:25 pm

Kevinea wrote:
Quote :

Hahahahaha Laughing I can picture two local bradas tryin to slide one live goat! Stopper ring going be one gear ring from somebody's 3rd member and pumpkin! Hahaha. 250-300lb mono mainline and wire leader.
Not so sure about the Hawaiian Angler poles being able to handle, try some nitro's first! Laughing

afro

Nitro no can, the bugga break at the join. What a Face . When pull in one huge turtle one time for get the hook back, the Hawaiian Angler bend but he handle. Was like pulling one Young Brothers Barge sideways, took me 40 minutes for get that bugga on the sand. But he when swim away all happy after the hook came out. Too bad no can eat um anymore, real good steaks the turtle make.
Back to top Go down
Kevinea

PostSubject: Re: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:34 pm

DamN!!!! Shocked Never had or saw a Nitro break, but not surprised. I get couple Ulua Poles made like 20 years ago, still bendin! Very Happy

I've had friends who fought Turtles for 30 plus minutes, Buggahz pull consistently and keep runnin. They can fight those things, unreal! At least you got your hook out, one more happy free turtle out there.
I heard they were good when they were legal to eat! Never tried them, probably never will either; unless you go to a country where eating turtle is legal.

Honus get massive brah!!
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Kevinea wrote:
DamN!!!! Shocked Never had or saw a Nitro break, but not surprised. I get couple Ulua Poles made like 20 years ago, still bendin! Very Happy

I've had friends who fought Turtles for 30 plus minutes, Buggahz pull consistently and keep runnin. They can fight those things, unreal! At least you got your hook out, one more happy free turtle out there.
I heard they were good when they were legal to eat! Never tried them, probably never will either; unless you go to a country where eating turtle is legal.

Honus get massive brah!!

I was pullin in one turtle one time and all the cars passing can see what was going on, all the braddas when stop and come talk, " Oh bra, big Ulua eh, I help you land um " When I tell um as one turtle, they all leave. What, they could help me with the turtle too. You know hold the pole while I remove the hook. No

Last edited by MauiGuy on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kevinea

PostSubject: Re: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:03 pm

Hahaha!! Thats one pretty funny story brah!!

Was fishing one of my local fishing spots on Kauai, had one double hook up, both screaming!! Was unreal! I took the first pole and my friend took the other. Brah; cars lined up like was one live concert or something! Had one police officer and everything stop by. Local fisher men washing down da boats came with gaffs, giving advice and support. My line cut right in front one ledge, was bummed!! Biggest Pole Benda/Back Breaka I eva fought! My friend landed his and was one two hundred plus pound shark (forget what kind). One guy helped us bring it on shore to remove the hook, everybody else literally just bailed.. Wasn't too bad, one guy helped us gaff um, and another took pictures. Removed the hook, released it. Awesome day though. Good fun! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:08 pm

Shark affraid no wonder everyone when bail out. Some say the shark meat cut into chunks make good Ulua bait. I never tried it and don't think I ever will. Those braddas belong in the Ocean for a reason (besides chasing tourists away so we can fish)
Back to top Go down
Kevinea

PostSubject: Re: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:53 pm

Haha, Yah.
We always release the sharks we catch. Wouldn't even think about doing harm to them! Huntas of the sea!

Would be nuts to catch one shark on one Mark White Lure!! Haha. Crazy!! Shocked

afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No fish but freaked out !   No fish but freaked out ! Empty

Back to top Go down

No fish but freaked out !
Page 1 of 1