MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dirty/Murky Water

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StephenOkelley

StephenOkelley

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: Dirty/Murky Water   Dirty/Murky Water EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:41 pm

Howzit!

Just purchased my first MW lure white/black eye.

Didn't have any luck today Barbers Point by the getty and thought it might have been due to the water being murky/dirty.

My biggest question: How successful are MW lures in murky/dirst water?

FYI: Gonna try North Shore side near Kahuku. Anyone know of any good locations in that area?

Thanks! Aloha!
Back to top Go down
el3te3

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: Dirty/Murky Water   Dirty/Murky Water EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:24 am

Howzit! I got the same lure and was just past Makua Cave at first light. I could just "feel" that there was fish there, know what I mean? No luck this time but I neva see one pole amongst the many pull up anything so....next time. No expert here so I couldn't answer your question but I'm sure Mark will reply asap.
Back to top Go down
StephenOkelley

StephenOkelley

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: No luck at Wailua/Haleiwa   Dirty/Murky Water EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:50 pm

I headed out to the North Shore and tried out Wailua and Kaiaka Park. Wailua had plenty turtles and was windy. No bites or chasers. Kaiaka Park was super nice but no bites or chasers.

Tried grubs and Kaku lures but no luck also.

I am not giving up on MW lures. I am going to buy a couple more to test them out. I am a firm believer that patience is the key.

El3te3, you live on the west side. I'm planning to head out early before sunrise to tryout Yokohama beach reef. If you like go, PM me your number. Aiming at Saturday about 500am.
Back to top Go down
Bradahb

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty/Murky Water   Dirty/Murky Water EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:23 am

StephenOkelley wrote:
Howzit!

Didn't have any luck today Barbers Point by the getty and thought it might have been due to the water being murky/dirty.

FYI: Gonna try North Shore side near Kahuku. Anyone know of any good locations in that area?

Thanks! Aloha!

Howzit StephenOkelley
I just wanted to say that ever since me and my brother started whipping with mwl we've been producing less fish BUT bigger size fish and your right patience is the key and it is something we dont have when we fish... Like i tell everyone if the fish are there then you lucky but if not it was good practice... Anyway im from oahu ewa beach to be exact and i fluently fish on the west side and have my usual secret spots .. For the past few months together me and my brother have picked up roughly about 30 or so relly nice size whites and omilus... That particular lure you bought ( white with black eye ) have really been a lucky and productive lure for me even in dirty or murky conditions it never fails me... Ive also tried other colors and got either a strike or chase but the white lures is always my favorite... Oahu get action just depends where you go and the times you go.. For me first light and before first light... Hope this helps...
Back to top Go down
StephenOkelley

StephenOkelley

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty/Murky Water   Dirty/Murky Water EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:47 am

Bradahb wrote:
StephenOkelley wrote:
Howzit!

Thanks! Aloha!

Howzit StephenOkelley
I just wanted to say that ever since me and my brother started whipping with mwl we've been producing less fish BUT bigger size fish and your right patience is the key and it is something we dont have when we fish... Like i tell everyone if the fish are there then you lucky but if not it was good practice... Anyway im from oahu ewa beach to be exact and i fluently fish on the west side and have my usual secret spots .. For the past few months together me and my brother have picked up roughly about 30 or so relly nice size whites and omilus... That particular lure you bought ( white with black eye ) have really been a lucky and productive lure for me even in dirty or murky conditions it never fails me... Ive also tried other colors and got either a strike or chase but the white lures is always my favorite... Oahu get action just depends where you go and the times you go.. For me first light and before first light... Hope this helps...

Right on Bradahb!

Thanks for the pointers. I have always been able to hook up 3-8 lbs omilu across the Coast Guard station using the sardines and floater. Gets kinda boring sitting in one spot or having to fight off the netters in the area. I saw a video of Mark last week and got motivated to try something new and exciting. I am very confident in the lures. Just bought the Green Oama today at Roy's in Aiea. Gotta get a better pole this week for the weekends adventure. Gonna try Yoks out right before first light.

Let me know if any of you guys like meet up. I am always looking to team up and learn.
Back to top Go down
el3te3

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: Dirty/Murky Water   Dirty/Murky Water EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:49 am

Hey Stephen,
Thnx for the invite but I gotta work on Sat. I'm dying to walk to Kaena Point and whip those grounds! lmk how it goes for you.

Bradahb,
Howzit! Howz whipping White Plains beach? I only went there once to swim a long while back. lmk, mahalo!
Back to top Go down
Bradahb

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty/Murky Water   Dirty/Murky Water EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:34 pm

StephenOkelley wrote:
Bradahb wrote:
StephenOkelley wrote:
Howzit!

Thanks! Aloha!

Howzit StephenOkelley

Right on Bradahb!

Thanks for the pointers. I have always been able to hook up 3-8 lbs omilu across the Coast Guard station using the sardines and floater. Gets kinda boring sitting in one spot or having to fight off the netters in the area. I saw a video of Mark last week and got motivated to try something new and exciting. I am very confident in the lures. Just bought the Green Oama today at Roy's in Aiea. Gotta get a better pole this week for the weekends adventure. Gonna try Yoks out right before first light.

Let me know if any of you guys like meet up. I am always looking to team up and learn.

Pm'd you
Back to top Go down
el3te3

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: Dirty/Murky Water   Dirty/Murky Water EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:13 am

Howzit Stephen,
How was your weekend whipping session? As for me, I lost a red MW lure to a turtle...lol. He came outta nowhere to chomp my lure and wouldn't spit it out. I just hope the little guy will be ok \m/

Aloha,
el3te3
Back to top Go down
StephenOkelley

StephenOkelley

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty/Murky Water   Dirty/Murky Water EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:38 am

el3te3 wrote:
Howzit Stephen,
How was your weekend whipping session? As for me, I lost a red MW lure to a turtle...lol. He came outta nowhere to chomp my lure and wouldn't spit it out. I just hope the little guy will be ok \m/

Aloha,
el3te3

Saturday - Yokohama side near Hercules Rock - Weather was raining off and on...went around 2:00pm no action but had small chasers.

Sunday - North Shore Moks Side 6:30am weather was nice but small kine waves. Pulled a 6 lbs omilu with white/black eyes - Packed and went to Kahana Bay side. Got stormy and had a nasty birdsnest. No catch there.

Gonna try the west side this weekend.

FYI: No luck with the Oama Lure yet....gonna keep trying till I hook up with that one.

My new Nitro pole lost an eye on Friday evening...took it back to Roy's and got it replaced. Not gonna shop there anymore because they were argumentative about the eye coming off and no warranty. Gonna check out West Side Tackle shop in Kunia next time.
Back to top Go down
el3te3

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: Dirty/Murky Water   Dirty/Murky Water EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:52 pm

6lb Omilu....DAMN!! That's awesome! I fished Nanakuli and a small turtle chomped my red with black eyes 1/2oz'er. He came outta nowhere....Hope he'll be okay, I think he swallowed the lure. Happy for you, Bro! Hopefully, my white w/black eyes has the same "mana" as yours...\m/
Back to top Go down
Bradahb

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty/Murky Water   Dirty/Murky Water EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:44 pm

So yesterday my brother went out early morning b4 the sun rised hooked couple miss i big one that screamed his reel only to find out the buggah run straight out n peelnout most of his line as he was tryna put pressure on his spool with his fingers afta that nothing .... He lost the lure 1oz white / red eye ... Sick... But atleast he took home one over 5lbs n wasnt white wash... Then so i went out dismorning maybe a couple miles down from where he was Plugging first sight of light and nothing for about an hour... Ahhh so i change color from white / black eye to red / black eye 1ozers .. Soni stay plugging away all of sudden this big surge came from about 10yrds away from my lure chase striked once (missed) speeded up my retrieval n 5 ft from shore see his tail whip n pulled one sneaky one from underneath from the the side as lure was skimming the surface ready for come out buggah came out the water and bang the lure ... Hook up bah... When he came outta the water for the strike i could see my brothers lure still hanging on the side of his mouth with some of his line still tied to it...he tooknmy lure about half spool n tried to stop or slow his run by jerking my pole back n he did for about 30 sec n so i was boosting that bad boy until he made his second run , banked left and what felt like run towards some coral where it from Happy time to #@€%3#$4|+ just like that.... Was all sick aftas ... Ahh but the omilu look like was more then 30in plus big one bah.... Anyway just to share that , hopefully this encourage alot of you other guys plugging with mwl.. Aloha
Back to top Go down
el3te3

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: Dity/Murky Water   Dirty/Murky Water EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:29 am

Wow cuz! More then motivate...chicken skin, brah! That Omilu sounds like the "Moby Dick" of Papios...nasty...lol \m/
Back to top Go down
mw

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty/Murky Water   Dirty/Murky Water EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:29 am

Bradahb wrote:
So yesterday my brother went out early morning b4 the sun rised hooked couple miss i big one that screamed his reel only to find out the buggah run straight out n peelnout most of his line as he was tryna put pressure on his spool with his fingers afta that nothing .... He lost the lure 1oz white / red eye ... Sick... But atleast he took home one over 5lbs n wasnt white wash... Then so i went out dismorning maybe a couple miles down from where he was Plugging first sight of light and nothing for about an hour... Ahhh so i change color from white / black eye to red / black eye 1ozers .. Soni stay plugging away all of sudden this big surge came from about 10yrds away from my lure chase striked once (missed) speeded up my retrieval n 5 ft from shore see his tail whip n pulled one sneaky one from underneath from the the side as lure was skimming the surface ready for come out buggah came out the water and bang the lure ... Hook up bah... When he came outta the water for the strike i could see my brothers lure still hanging on the side of his mouth with some of his line still tied to it...he tooknmy lure about half spool n tried to stop or slow his run by jerking my pole back n he did for about 30 sec n so i was boosting that bad boy until he made his second run , banked left and what felt like run towards some coral where it from Happy time to #@€%3#$4|+ just like that.... Was all sick aftas ... Ahh but the omilu look like was more then 30in plus big one bah.... Anyway just to share that , hopefully this encourage alot of you other guys plugging with mwl.. Aloha
Awesome action Brudahb!! A pix with 2xMW's in da mouth would've been priceless!! Keep up the good work, m
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dirty/Murky Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty/Murky Water   Dirty/Murky Water Empty

Back to top Go down

Dirty/Murky Water
Page 1 of 1