MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

king chaser......

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ktownwhipper

ktownwhipper

king chaser...... Empty
PostSubject: king chaser......   king chaser...... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:35 pm

i must be the king of chasers....i get a few every time i go out. ive been on a dry spell and havnt hooked anything in months but get chasers all the time....i practice the run out of water maneuver and they just lose interest. Anyone know whats up...im goin crazy..this last chaser yesterday at my dream spot i got a #30 ulua on the first cast to chase and a #10-#15 black ulua on the second cast.....but no hookup...
Back to top Go down
omilu

king chaser...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: king chaser......   king chaser...... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:04 am

Do you vary your retrieve speeds? I've had pretty good success with a mostly sub-surface retrieve, but also get some hits with the plug popping and skipping. I've also had more aggressive hits running the plug through and along the edge of white water or turbulent areas. Out in open clear water, I've had a bunch of fish turn away at the last second. I do run a fairly heavy leader though, which probably doesn't help in clear water.
Back to top Go down
ktownwhipper

ktownwhipper

king chaser...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: king chaser......   king chaser...... EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:22 am

hey man thanks for the tip...i would also like to add that i am not an EARLY RISER SO 80% OF my efforts are spent from 12:00 noon till sun down. some times ill reel and jig reel and jig. sometimes ill reel steady speed and sometimes ill reel super fast skipping and popping..i have almost every color and walk far distances, white water,70+ feet to 15ft ledges,high cliff ,knee deep in water........i am king of chasers and NO TAKERZ...lol...someday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

king chaser...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: king chaser......   king chaser...... Empty

Back to top Go down

king chaser......
Page 1 of 1