MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is that what you call a Papio?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pecheur

Is that what you call a Papio? Empty
PostSubject: Is that what you call a Papio?   Is that what you call a Papio? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi there,

Last weekend I went for an overnight trip on a boat to try to fish for Sailfish.
Well the weather and fishing gods played a trick on us and not only we did not see a single Sailfish, but the flat water of the first day, turned in a big storm in the middle of the night and we had to come back early the second morning wet and miserable, we decided to cut the trip short.
It went from this on the first morning:

Is that what you call a Papio? Mornin10

To this the following morning:

Is that what you call a Papio? Cloud210

So despite the fact that this little fish was caught from a boat, it was at the max 150 meters (164.04199 yards) from the boat ramp.
We were coming back and saw this flock of birds flying low and diving in the water, but no fish bursting the surface.
So my mate told me to cast a popper in there to see if I could raise a fish.
As I was pondering about which one to use, he said: "Why don't you use one of your fancy ceramic lure and give us a look at what their worth."
So I did just that and put a one Oz and and half one on the line. Black with red eyes.
Did a few cast and came up with this little guy.
My mate was sold on the ceramic lures.
Put it back in the drink, so it wold grow much bigger and give us another fight another day.
So is it what you would call a Papio?

Is that what you call a Papio? Cerami10

I then did another few cast, and a wind knot on the line saw the braid snap and the lure flew very far to never be seen again...
Bummer!

But all around it was still a good fishing trip, were for the first time I landed some Mactuna on the whipping gears, and that was awesome!

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Back to top Go down
Max1975

PostSubject: Re: Is that what you call a Papio?   Is that what you call a Papio? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Nice fish,that's exactly what we in Hawaii would call a papio and anything over 10 lbs is called a ulua
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: Is that what you call a Papio?   Is that what you call a Papio? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:18 am

Nice catch, yep, that is a papio all right. Too bad about the MW lure, I had a black one just like that sail into the horizon when the line snapped.
Back to top Go down
Pecheur

PostSubject: Re: Is that what you call a Papio?   Is that what you call a Papio? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, down here it is just called a small Trevally.
Most people would have put it back too, and as I already had an esky full of fishes he was returned to the water.

Yes I sometimes got wind knots on my line, and loose a lure because of it...

Have a good day,
Pecheur.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is that what you call a Papio?   Is that what you call a Papio? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is that what you call a Papio?
Page 1 of 1