MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

agony & ecstacy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

agony & ecstacy Empty
PostSubject: agony & ecstacy   agony & ecstacy EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:27 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.fishinglureshawaii.com/
Huelo Hanapa'a

Huelo Hanapa'a

agony & ecstacy Empty
PostSubject: More Agony.....   agony & ecstacy EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:16 pm

Hey Mark,

I just graduated from college and am home from the mainland and ready to fish! The place i fish has a jagged bottom and is a lava rock peninsula. The Ulua like to dive down and around the point. I feel the line rubbing on the rocks and I lost three good sized strikes this way. I was wondering what Whipping pole and setup I should use to give me the best chance of landing one of these strikes with your lure. Also, what color you think would work best for these cave dwelling Ulua. I like turn my Agony to Ecstacy.

Im currently using a Penn 7500 SS reel w/ 25 llb test.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

agony & ecstacy Empty
PostSubject: agony & ecstacy   agony & ecstacy EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:03 am

Huelo Hanapa'a wrote:
Hey Mark,

I just graduated from college and am home from the mainland and ready to fish! The place i fish has a jagged bottom and is a lava rock peninsula. The Ulua like to dive down and around the point. I feel the line rubbing on the rocks and I lost three good sized strikes this way. I was wondering what Whipping pole and setup I should use to give me the best chance of landing one of these strikes with your lure. Also, what color you think would work best for these cave dwelling Ulua. I like turn my Agony to Ecstacy.

Im currently using a Penn 7500 SS reel w/ 25 llb test.
Welcome Huelo Hanapa'a to the forum and congratulations to the college grad! Got to love the tough spots. Those big boys know where to go. Go to the this forum and look up posts by Pat Victorino aka GTFisherman http://www.ulua-fishing.com/hff/viewforum.php?f=14 He's the heavy weight. His gear is state of the art. He uses 200# braid and 300# leader with crazy connections. I'm a bit more sporting and use 100# braid/100# leader. Shux, I still lose big fish Sad So does Pat. Even 200# braid cuts fast on a big one. The concept is to keep big fish close so they don't get chance to run around a rock or into a cave. The Gear I use is a Shimano 10k SW and a Shimano Tiralejo 10' lighter action. Let me know how you do and post your catch. Tight line and fast retrieve! m
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishinglureshawaii.com/
Huelo Hanapa'a

Huelo Hanapa'a

agony & ecstacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: agony & ecstacy   agony & ecstacy EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:45 pm

Ill go look him up. Thanks for the advice. ill post pictures if i catch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

agony & ecstacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: agony & ecstacy   agony & ecstacy Empty

Back to top Go down

agony & ecstacy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MWLures :: Lures for Deep Sea, Near Shore and Fresh Water :: Near Shore-
Jump to: