MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.5 surface lure spinning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
meltorment

.5 surface lure spinning Empty
PostSubject: .5 surface lure spinning   .5 surface lure spinning EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:43 pm

i have the lure attached with a split ring, then to a b.b. swivel, then flouro leader (about 24") with an albright to the mainline.
if i do a straight retrieve, i notice the lure tends to spin. if i slow the retrieve, or put action on the rod, not so much.
i have another lure, same size but diff color that does not do this. the leader is 15lb mono versus 25lb fluoro.
im going to experiment using a homer rhodes instead of the split ring and swivel to see if the spinning goes away.
Neutral
anyone have suggestions on how to fix this? thanks.
Back to top Go down
Bradahb

PostSubject: Re: .5 surface lure spinning   .5 surface lure spinning EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:17 pm

meltorment wrote:
i have the lure attached with a split ring, then to a b.b. swivel, then flouro leader (about 24") with an albright to the mainline.
if i do a straight retrieve, i notice the lure tends to spin. if i slow the retrieve, or put action on the rod, not so much.
i have another lure, same size but diff color that does not do this. the leader is 15lb mono versus 25lb fluoro.
im going to experiment using a homer rhodes instead of the split ring and swivel to see if the spinning goes away.
Neutral
anyone have suggestions on how to fix this? thanks.
I have few lures of mines that do the same thing as yours in my 1/2 and 1ozers but it really doesnt matter if it spins or not, ive hooked up with papios with my lure spinning , not spinning , surface skipping and under the surface slow jigging... If i were you , keep your set up its the same set up i use only difference i double my braid with a bimni before i albright knot to my flouro leader...
Back to top Go down
meltorment

PostSubject: Re: .5 surface lure spinning   .5 surface lure spinning EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:22 pm

ok. sounds good. tnx for the tips.
Back to top Go down
nahau

PostSubject: Re: .5 surface lure spinning   .5 surface lure spinning EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:59 pm

A little late but... I found that sometimes the puka in the front of the lure is too large and wire loop will drop to low into the hole and the lure swims upside down, or spins. You might try gently bending the front loop up towards the top of the lure so that the lower portion of the lure becomes heavier. Worked for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .5 surface lure spinning   .5 surface lure spinning Empty

Back to top Go down

.5 surface lure spinning
Page 1 of 1