MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oahu whipping

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
papiofisherman

Oahu whipping Empty
PostSubject: Oahu whipping   Oahu whipping EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:31 am

Aloha Mark and fellow fisherman,
I have been using your lures for a little while now and havent had anything but chasers Sad i recently tried your lures out at sand island and had 2 omilu chase but not bite. i was wondering if you or anyone else knew any good spots on Oahu that would be good to whip with Mark White Lures.
Back to top Go down
mw

Oahu whipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oahu whipping   Oahu whipping EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:18 pm

papiofisherman wrote:
I have been using your lures for a little while now and havent had anything but chasers Sad i recently tried your lures out at sand island and had 2 omilu chase but not bite. i was wondering if you or anyone else knew any good spots on Oahu that would be good to whip with Mark White Lures.
Mahalos for buying my lures. Good you got action. Maybe try the East and West sides. Be there for 1st light. Good luck and tight lines!
ps if you get chased don't slow the lure down to give chance. Instead go faster!
Back to top Go down
Bradahb

Oahu whipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oahu whipping   Oahu whipping EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:40 am

papiofisherman wrote:

Howzit, been using marks lures for awhile now and ive been hooking up most times and if not i get chases . Anyway alot of my hook ups are on the west side where you gotta do some walking to get to .. I usually get out to my secret spots at about 4am cuz buggahs bite when no more light yet but mostly get um first light tho.. I know kinda hard to whip with no light let alone scared for lose the lure but aye its worth it when get action. Another thing to is tecniques when using mark white lures cuz oahu fish gotten smart over the years , thats why we get chasers but no bites. Learn to give different actions when whipping as ive caught nice size papios also do slow jiggigng under the surface retreivals with out any splashing but yah i call it testing the water by doing different tecniques to see what kind chase i get . Who knows u mite just get something praticing different styles. shoot i would post pics of my catches but cant get my pics loaded for some reason.lmk how it goes
Back to top Go down
mw

Oahu whipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oahu whipping   Oahu whipping EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:20 am

Bradahb wrote:
papiofisherman wrote:

Howzit, been using marks lures for awhile now and ive been hooking up most times and if not i get chases . Anyway alot of my hook ups are on the west side where you gotta do some walking to get to .. I usually get out to my secret spots at about 4am cuz buggahs bite when no more light yet but mostly get um first light tho.. I know kinda hard to whip with no light let alone scared for lose the lure but aye its worth it when get action. Another thing to is tecniques when using mark white lures cuz oahu fish gotten smart over the years , thats why we get chasers but no bites. Learn to give different actions when whipping as ive caught nice size papios also do slow jiggigng under the surface retreivals with out any splashing but yah i call it testing the water by doing different tecniques to see what kind chase i get . Who knows u mite just get something praticing different styles. shoot i would post pics of my catches but cant get my pics loaded for some reason.lmk how it goes
Good stuff Brudahhb! I love to walk to the hard to get to areas. As far as posting pix, Start by "post new topic" but 1st put images on desk top, now, below the subject box there is a series of icons. Go from the right to the left 15 and click the window with 2 boxes in it that says "host an image". Click browse to get the image off the desk top and click on it with the mouse. Choose 800px to resize it. Now push "host it". 3 choices come up. Copy the bottom 1. Now click the box next to the one you 1st clicked. (1 box in it). Now click the box to activate and paste in the code. Now click ok and preview before adding another image or text. Got it? Let me know if this works? Would love to see your catches! I plan to do a vid tutorial if I can get it together. m
Back to top Go down
Bradahb

Oahu whipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oahu whipping   Oahu whipping EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Thanks mark! Ill try to get my pics up asap and ill be looking forward to your tutorial..
Back to top Go down
papiofisherman

Oahu whipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oahu whipping   Oahu whipping EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Bradahb wrote:
papiofisherman wrote:

Mahalos Bradahb!! ill definitely go and try some MW's on the westside! and ill try different retrieval techniques. i've tried using MW's right at the beginning of Kaena Point where the road stops (westside) but didnt have any chasers or bites. ill be sure to try again though at first light. Thanks again for the reply!! Gives me hope that i may eventually catch something good on one MW lure!
Back to top Go down
Bradahb

Oahu whipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oahu whipping   Oahu whipping EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:56 pm

papiofisherman wrote:
Bradahb wrote:
papiofisherman wrote:

Mahalos Bradahb!! ill definitely go and try some MW's on the westside! and ill try different retrieval techniques. i've tried using MW's right at the beginning of Kaena Point where the road stops (westside) but didnt have any chasers or bites. ill be sure to try again though at first light. Thanks again for the reply!! Gives me hope that i may eventually catch something good on one MW lure!

No problem . I know how it is when you get excited when you get a chase and expect to hana paa but chase is what we just get and it gets frustrating after a few hours with nothing happening. Like i tell everyone just keep trying and if the fish there then they there if not then just look at it this way it was good practice whipping.if you ever go koolina side look for me ( short flip with sunglasses whipping at the waters edge) 4 lagoon come chat.
Back to top Go down
papiofisherman

Oahu whipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oahu whipping   Oahu whipping EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 5:29 pm

I always wondered if they let you fish at koolina! U just stand on the rocks and fish outside the lagoons? I live pearl city so koolina isnt too far for me. I wouldnt mind going on a day u go and u show me how to work these lures haha.
Back to top Go down
Bradahb

Oahu whipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oahu whipping   Oahu whipping EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:22 pm

papiofisherman wrote:
I always wondered if they let you fish at koolina! U just stand on the rocks and fish outside the lagoons? I live pearl city so koolina isnt too far for me. I wouldnt mind going on a day u go and u show me how to work these lures haha.
Send me a pm
Back to top Go down
Bradahb

Oahu whipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oahu whipping   Oahu whipping EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Bradahb wrote:
papiofisherman wrote:
Send me a pm
Pm sent lmk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oahu whipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oahu whipping   Oahu whipping Empty

Back to top Go down

Oahu whipping
Page 1 of 1