MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1.5 oz. bar

Go down 
+3
uplandhawaii
ktownwhipper
mw
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mw

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Back to top Go down
ktownwhipper

ktownwhipper

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:49 am

heartbreaking......whats your setup on this one?
Back to top Go down
mw

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:08 am

ktownwhipper wrote:
heartbreaking......whats your setup on this one?

40# PowerPro Bimini to Uni-Uni 5' 50# Seaguar to Macmahon snap swivel. I just go a new system that I hope will give me a bit extra abrasion resistance. Hollow braid and 20' leaders. Ck it it out at Black Water and PowerPro Ace. Leader goes into braid with a nice through the guides connection. I'll report back in a week or 2.
Back to top Go down
ktownwhipper

ktownwhipper

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 pm

so where did it break off at? was it from rub or teeth?
Back to top Go down
uplandhawaii

uplandhawaii

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 2:21 am

D@mn that's sick! About how big do you estimate it was? I'm waiting for my chance a t a big hook up!
Back to top Go down
http://BentFrame4X4.com
mw

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: bummers   1.5 oz. bar  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 3:01 pm

ktownwhipper wrote:
so where did it break off at? was it from rub or teeth?

It was just up above the Bimini. The doubled line was about 3 '. I'm rough guessing the weight could've been 15-30
Back to top Go down
Pecheur

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi there,

This must have been a really nice fish.
And this prove that your lures are good, because the bigger they get, the clever they get these fish...

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Back to top Go down
Max1975

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi Mark, what size Stella were you using and where was this at on Kauai? Can't wait to try one of those ulua bars.
Back to top Go down
mw

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: 5000SW   1.5 oz. bar  EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Max1975 wrote:
Hi Mark, what size Stella were you using and where was this at on Kauai? Can't wait to try one of those ulua bars.
5000SW
was on the westside
Back to top Go down
mw

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: thanks for the nice thought   1.5 oz. bar  EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:41 pm

Pecheur wrote:
Hi there,

This must have been a really nice fish.
And this prove that your lures are good, because the bigger they get, the clever they get these fish...

Have a good day,
Pecheur

Can't wait to see some of Brendan's catch when he gets his order of 1 ozer. Here's a quote from your friend. "Hi Mark.

I just wanted to emial you to let you know that a friend of mine in Darwin Australia gave me one of your 1oz plugs three days ago

In four hours of fishing i caught over 20 fish. These fish were the Spanish Mackeral, Golden Trevally, Giant Trevally and also the Queenfish up to a meter in length. The pelagic's love them. However i lost the only lure to a very hungry Mackeral.

He then sent me the link to your site and i have just brought four more of them. I cant wait to get them and continue to try them. I will send you some video of our next adventure with them here in Darwin.

Thanks for making a great product.

Kind regards
Brendan "

That sure would've made a great vid. I gotta get DownUnder.
Back to top Go down
Pecheur

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 3:21 am

mw wrote:

That sure would've made a great vid. I gotta get DownUnder.

Hi Mark,

Yes He is a good fisherman this Brendan.
And yes the fishing can sometime be good down here, but not as beautiful than in your part of the world.
And remember, it's full of croc down here...
;-)

I am glad that some people start to love your lures in Darwin.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Back to top Go down
1lbdryaku

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Mark,

I've been an old school whipper for years using an 25 year old 9' fiberglass rod, 850SS loaded with 30lb mono barrel swiveled to 5" of 180 mono to a home made wooden plug. I've been blessed to catch my share of ulua with this set up, bt I realize it's time to upgrade to something more user friendly. I don't fish much anymore, but would like to build a set-up that would allow me to try your 1-1/2 oz. jumpin jacks and bars. Not chasing the big boys anymore, I'll be happy with some borderlne papio/ulua or whatever bites. Before I buy a few, I'd like to ask a couple of questions. Do your plugs tend to throw much water on a moderate retrieve or do they tend to sink pretty quickly? Does the bar tend to crate a little more splash and stay atop the surface on a moderate to fast retrieve? As you can tell I'm a big splash guy. I appreciate your time to respond to my questions. I'd like to get set-up within the next few weeks in anticipation of the summer runs.

Mahalo & Aloha,
1lbdryaku
Back to top Go down
mw

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 3:35 pm

1lbdryaku wrote:
Mark,

I've been an old school whipper for years using an 25 year old 9' fiberglass rod, 850SS loaded with 30lb mono barrel swiveled to 5" of 180 mono to a home made wooden plug. I've been blessed to catch my share of ulua with this set up, bt I realize it's time to upgrade to something more user friendly. I don't fish much anymore, but would like to build a set-up that would allow me to try your 1-1/2 oz. jumpin jacks and bars. Not chasing the big boys anymore, I'll be happy with some borderlne papio/ulua or whatever bites. Before I buy a few, I'd like to ask a couple of questions. Do your plugs tend to throw much water on a moderate retrieve or do they tend to sink pretty quickly? Does the bar tend to crate a little more splash and stay atop the surface on a moderate to fast retrieve? As you can tell I'm a big splash guy. I appreciate your time to respond to my questions. I'd like to get set-up within the next few weeks in anticipation of the summer runs.

Mahalo & Aloha,
1lbdryaku
Mahalos for your interest in my lures. The bars are easier to keep splashing on the surface. The surface plugs sink fast and require more work/faster retrieves to keep splashing on the surface. Subsurface they produce a nice bubble trail and if popped to the surface make an attractive chug motion.
Back to top Go down
1lbdryaku

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Mahalo for the reply Mark! I just placed an online order a couple of nights ago that included a few plugs and several bars in teh 1.5 oz size. If you don't mind sharing, what weight powerpro would you recommend with this size lure? I'm hoping to find a 10' or 11' medium or med/heavy action rod. Thanks in advance!

Aloha
Back to top Go down
mw

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:20 pm

1lbdryaku wrote:
Mahalo for the reply Mark! I just placed an online order a couple of nights ago that included a few plugs and several bars in teh 1.5 oz size. If you don't mind sharing, what weight powerpro would you recommend with this size lure? I'm hoping to find a 10' or 11' medium or med/heavy action rod. Thanks in advance!

Aloha
I use 40# PowerPro and 40#PP Ace hollow core with 50-60# Seaguar leader
Back to top Go down
papiofisherman

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:47 am

At what speed were u reeling in the bar when it hit?
Back to top Go down
mw

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:48 am

papiofisherman wrote:
At what speed were u reeling in the bar when it hit?
medium. Love the bars cause they're easy to get good action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1.5 oz. bar  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.5 oz. bar    1.5 oz. bar  Empty

Back to top Go down

1.5 oz. bar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MWLures :: Lures for Deep Sea, Near Shore and Fresh Water :: Near Shore-
Jump to: