MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ciguatera and us!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nahau

Ciguatera and us! Empty
PostSubject: Ciguatera and us!   Ciguatera and us! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Aloha everyone! I never introduced myself, but better late than never! Right?

I'm originally from Oahu but been living in California for going on 30 years. I tried to make it home occasionally during that time, but never could manage it as much as I wanted to. However, now I'm retired, so I plan to go home every year at least once, and do choke fishing!!!

I've been fishing since keiki time for papio, uhu, po'opa'a, manini... you name it. Back then I never worried about eating any of the fish I caught. Then once the internet came about (yah, I'm old!) all you read about is Ciguatera. Have any of you been unlucky enough to experience it? Do you worry about eating the fish? It's sad that I now have to think about this stuff when small kid time, there were no worries!

Aloha!
Back to top Go down
mw

Ciguatera and us! Empty
PostSubject: nah, I think it's a conspiracy   Ciguatera and us! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:15 am

brought on by the dlnr to get more releases. I have eati'n and have fed my family everything from our waters for more than 20 years. Nobody ever got sick. Neva tested any. There maybe a sensitivity to some genetic makeups that can't handle the toxin. What do I know, I'm just a lure maker. Wink
Back to top Go down

Ciguatera and us!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MWLures :: Lures for Deep Sea, Near Shore and Fresh Water :: Near Shore-
Jump to: