MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Feedback RJ in Kona

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Feedback RJ in Kona Empty
PostSubject: Feedback RJ in Kona   Feedback RJ in Kona EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:12 am

Swimming action descriptions by a fishing father/son team in Kona. " I also fish with my friend here In Kona who is a tackle ho. He has every lure head imaginable. So I study the actions and see what works and what doesn't. What looks good and what doesn't. I had some resin head lures too because of a recommendation by someone over here. Tried them out and liked them a lot. Unfortunately the resin lasts only a season and the lures are basically paper weights now. Which is why I tried yours and fell in love with them. I can see them lasting 10 years which makes it a very cost friendly item to own. Trying to turn my friend on to your heads now. I'll run a couple of them with him next week to see if he.. and the fish... bites.

The pusher/scoop/jet lures run extremely good in rough water. They break the surface every 5 to 10 seconds depending on distance from the boat. Farther out they run just under the surface and takes a longer time to break the surface. 50 feet out they run the best breaking the surface every 10 seconds and leaving a huge bubble trail and returns under water with a slow side to side tracking motion.

The pusher/scoop without jets break the surface in about the same interval as above. Throws the most water like a pili lure and when it goes back under wobbles and tracks side to side a bit more than the one with jets. Actually this is my favorite design.

The flat sided pusher scoop in the light blue and pink under runs a little more stable than the rounded ones. It stays under more for some reason. But only when run on the mid to long lines. On the short lines it runs high and acts exactly like a heavy surface popper.

The angled face/ flat side/ scoop in the pearl white color runs deep and wobbles side to side on the mid to long line. Rarely breaks the surface but it does come up. The silver might be better off on the longer side I think because the lure looks like its running upside down most of the time.

I have that head next to the orange pusher jet rigged up for marlin. I haven't had the chance to use it since it'll be destroyed or lost to the Ono at this time...haha too precious to lose.

As for the green with gold bullet.... the head makes a difference. It is light so its not good to run inside unless used with a weighted bar. It skips the surface like a skittering ballyhoo on the short lines so Ono don't have a chance to see the lure much. So I run this one on the long line. It stays under when run long. I run the basic chrome orbiter jets with the green and gold skirts. They work fine. I use the same green and gold on your head and run it on the long line and wow... the most vicious strikes... and trust me... we are talking about 60+lb Ono attacks this lure first and leaves the exact same color with a different head alone.

As for the shaved side vs. the non shaved sides.... I would say they equally get hit. But I really prefer the non shaved side ones. One of my most productive resin lure ever is the marlin magic high speed ahi pussy lure jet. Your pusher/scoop/jet head almost mimics the same action but with more side to side along with a longer bubble trail. Which is why I kind figure they get hit a lot. I'm gonna switch them to Ahi rigging later. The shaved side makes it stay under a bit more. Less surface action.

Oh forgot to mention... the biggest Ono strikes this season...possible over 60 to 70lb fish... yes we lost them... were on that ugly green and gold color on the left. Once I switched the heads...... that same color.... got no strikes. I put the same color on a different jet head and it didn't work. Keep that color or design and make a couple more. I can see a scoop jet in 7" in that color with the eye that'll actually work better than mine.
[code]Feedback RJ in Kona Rj_s_h10
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishinglureshawaii.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Feedback RJ in Kona Empty
PostSubject: "not a scratch"   Feedback RJ in Kona EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:19 am

More from RJ "Proof is in the pudding. Skirts are totaled and the heads do not have even one scratch."

Feedback RJ in Kona April_10Feedback RJ in Kona April_12
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishinglureshawaii.com/

Feedback RJ in Kona
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MWLures :: Lures for Deep Sea, Near Shore and Fresh Water :: The Deep End-
Jump to: