MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tucs on 1oz Oama

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UncleWeno

Tucs on 1oz Oama Empty
PostSubject: Tucs on 1oz Oama   Tucs on 1oz Oama EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:01 am

Just wanted to share my freshwater experience with Mike's lures. Tried whipping salt water but today's southswell destroyed me in the morning. So the day was ending and wanted to C&R tucunares with live bait. The bites were good throughout the day but ran out of bait. Decided to dig into my gear and try out Mike's 1oz Oama colored lure. My salt water gear to whip the 1oz is a 12' Nitro Seatech Rod (Medium action 8-16#), Penn 4400SS with 40# pp>bimini>uni-uni 40#leader>bb snap swivel. Today's gear with the 1oz was a 6' Diawa med action rod and Mitchell 4bb reel from walmart LOL, with 6# fc line with a bimini for fun. I just wanted to see if Mike's lures would work here aside from watching his freshwater videos. Retrieve was slower than what I would do when fishing omilu or papios. But it sure attracted those tuc's. I was really surprised when they went for it. Here's my two catches with Mike's lure.

I actually thought I was lucky with this first one:
Tucs on 1oz Oama TucsMWFirst

Until I caught this second one which was bigger:
Tucs on 1oz Oama TucsMWSecond

Thx Mike!
Back to top Go down
Pecheur

Tucs on 1oz Oama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucs on 1oz Oama   Tucs on 1oz Oama EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:53 am

Nice!

Congratulation!

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tucs on 1oz Oama Empty
PostSubject: tucs on 1oz Oama   Tucs on 1oz Oama EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:49 pm

UncleWeno wrote:
Just wanted to share my freshwater experience with Mike's lures. Tried whipping salt water but today's southswell destroyed me in the morning. So the day was ending and wanted to C&R tucunares with live bait. The bites were good throughout the day but ran out of bait. Decided to dig into my gear and try out Mike's 1oz Oama colored lure. My salt water gear to whip the 1oz is a 12' Nitro Seatech Rod (Medium action 8-16#), Penn 4400SS with 40# pp>bimini>uni-uni 40#leader>bb snap swivel. Today's gear with the 1oz was a 6' Diawa med action rod and Mitchell 4bb reel from walmart LOL, with 6# fc line with a bimini for fun. I just wanted to see if Mike's lures would work here aside from watching his freshwater videos. Retrieve was slower than what I would do when fishing omilu or papios. But it sure attracted those tuc's. I was really surprised when they went for it. Here's my two catches with Mike's lure.

I actually thought I was lucky with this first one:
Tucs on 1oz Oama TucsMWFirst

Until I caught this second one which was bigger:
Tucs on 1oz Oama TucsMWSecond

Thx Mike!
Wow! nice work on the Tuc's UncleWeno! and welcome to the forum! Good stuff. Do you ever have wind knot issues with your 440? Aloha, Mark
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishinglureshawaii.com/
UncleWeno

Tucs on 1oz Oama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucs on 1oz Oama   Tucs on 1oz Oama EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:54 am

[/quote]
Wow! nice work on the Tuc's UncleWeno! and welcome to the forum! Good stuff. Do you ever have wind knot issues with your 440? Aloha, Mark[/quote]

thx Guys! about the 440. I actually have an older Penn. it's the 4400SSg but still running strong (always clean, grease, and oil it after a long session onshore). About the windknot issue i haven't had any problems yet even whipping against strong tradewinds that we have. I think I've been extra careful when reeling in braided line; making sure there's not too much slack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tucs on 1oz Oama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucs on 1oz Oama   Tucs on 1oz Oama Empty

Back to top Go down

Tucs on 1oz Oama
Page 1 of 1