MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

micro smallies in paradise

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

micro smallies in paradise Empty
PostSubject: micro smallies in paradise   micro smallies in paradise EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:48 am

micro smallies in paradise Smallm10

Last edited by Admin on Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishinglureshawaii.com/
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: micro smallies in paradise   micro smallies in paradise EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:55 am

What weight lure is that one?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: micro smallies in paradise   micro smallies in paradise EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:57 am

MauiGuy wrote:
What weight lure is that one?
1/8th oz. Oama. Smile
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: micro smallies in paradise   micro smallies in paradise EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:59 am

Mark, since you are here, what color is the Oama lure. It is not the yellow green is it? I lost my new 1 oz yellow green yesterday. Mad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: micro smallies in paradise   micro smallies in paradise EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 1:11 am

MauiGuy wrote:
Mark, since you are here, what color is the Oama lure. It is not the yellow green is it? I lost my new 1 oz yellow green yesterday. Mad
It's more of a sand color on the bottom and the same green on the top. Bummer on the yellow/green. Did you lose it the good way?
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: micro smallies in paradise   micro smallies in paradise EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 1:21 am

No, I threw it way out and the bail on my reel did not close when I cranked it. By the time I realised that, it had sunk and stuck on the reef. Did not have my fins and prescription goggles with me so I could not go and get it. I lost two yesterday, another one when I cast it, the uni to uni knot for my 30 lb leader to 12 lb test main line snapped. No more leaders, striaght to the McMahon clips from now on. Will be getting a few Oama lures soon. Do you have that option on your order page?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: micro smallies in paradise   micro smallies in paradise EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 1:46 am

MauiGuy wrote:
No, I threw it way out and the bail on my reel did not close when I cranked it. By the time I realised that, it had sunk and stuck on the reef. Did not have my fins and prescription goggles with me so I could not go and get it. I lost two yesterday, another one when I cast it, the uni to uni knot for my 30 lb leader to 12 lb test main line snapped. No more leaders, striaght to the McMahon clips from now on. Will be getting a few Oama lures soon. Do you have that option on your order page?
Bummers, maybe you can go back and look for it with your gear. Why did the Uni-Uni fail? Just order black/blk eyes and send a note that you want the Oama's. mahalo, m
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: micro smallies in paradise   micro smallies in paradise EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:17 am

I can't say why it failed scratch , but it broke right at the end of the knot...I had the 12 lb test and the whole knot, but no 30 lb leader...I know I should replace the leader on every outing, but I didn't...I used the same leader setup on three differant days...My fault for not making a new leader...Probably failed from hitting the top guide constantly and I really whip the baby out there ...What the heck, gotta keep you in business. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: micro smallies in paradise   micro smallies in paradise EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:34 am

MauiGuy wrote:
I can't say why it failed scratch , but it broke right at the end of the knot...I had the 12 lb test and the whole knot, but no 30 lb leader...I know I should replace the leader on every outing, but I didn't...I used the same leader setup on three differant days...My fault for not making a new leader...Probably failed from hitting the top guide constantly and I really whip the baby out there ...What the heck, gotta keep you in business. Laughing
Thanks, I really do appreciate all the fisherman who like the lures I make. One thing I do is double the braid when going Uni-Uni. Also I keep that knot outside the guide. I really like tying a Bimini to double the line and that gives a little bit more protection on the braid that gets the most stress during a cast. The Bimini can go through the guides like nothing, very smooth. m
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: micro smallies in paradise   micro smallies in paradise EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:55 am

Admin wrote:
MauiGuy wrote:
Thanks, I really do appreciate all the fisherman who like the lures I make. One thing I do is double the braid when going Uni-Uni. Also I keep that knot outside the guide. I really like tying a Bimini to double the line and that gives a little bit more protection on the braid that gets the most stress during a cast. The Bimini can go through the guides like nothing, very smooth. m

That is what I do now, just double the line instead of using a leader...But i don't use the Binimi, I use the Australian braid to make the double, lot faster and the knot comes out smaller...I can tie one in a few minutes, no matter what size line...Even for my Ulua poles with 80 lb test, I make the double with this to tie on my 200 lb rub line..
http://www.leadertec.com/tipsandtechniques/fishing_knots/knots_Ausplaid.html
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: micro smallies in paradise   micro smallies in paradise EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:23 pm

MauiGuy wrote:
Admin wrote:
MauiGuy wrote:

That is what I do now, just double the line instead of using a leader...But i don't use the Binimi, I use the Australian braid to make the double, lot faster and the knot comes out smaller...I can tie one in a few minutes, no matter what size line...Even for my Ulua poles with 80 lb test, I make the double with this to tie on my 200 lb rub line..
http://www.leadertec.com/tipsandtechniques/fishing_knots/knots_Ausplaid.html
Are you using mono or braid straight to the lure?
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

PostSubject: Re: micro smallies in paradise   micro smallies in paradise EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:46 pm

Mono, on all my spinning poles...I only have braid on my big ten foot Okuma spinner I use for day time dunking sometimes. Even that the Power Pro braid is doubled right to the swival. I tie the end of my braid a litle differant then the Ausies do. I never had one unravel yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: micro smallies in paradise   micro smallies in paradise Empty

Back to top Go down

micro smallies in paradise
Page 1 of 1