MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roi Big Island

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard_O

Roi Big Island Empty
PostSubject: Roi Big Island   Roi Big Island EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Im new to these forums but anyway just got back from a little holoholo sesh down near Puako with my wife and son. It was about 7:00am and threw a 1oz. white with black eyes out in a little bay and and on the second retrive hooked up to something. Wasnt too sure what it was, it pulled hard in the begining then just quit kicking. I thought i was snagged but seen my line moving slowly through the water. i was like "oh crap please dont be honu!", as i got it in closer i was like "holy crap its a roi!". So i had my wife to hold on to the pole while i got my phone so i could get a pic of the fish. I get back camera ready and i see the line full slack, my wife hands me the pole and roi dehooks and cruises away "NO!!!". So sorry guys no pics. After about a month and a half of using the Mark White lures that roi was the first fish that i hooked up to. Ehh next time.
Back to top Go down
Richard_O

Roi Big Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roi Big Island   Roi Big Island EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:30 pm

WTH it happened again!!! So yesterday i found this little bay. There was a bunch of mullet,kole,manini, pakakui all over the place. I started to whip a green/yellow 1/2 oz. around and the second cast i saw an omilu chase but no strike pale . So i kept going and never saw the omilu again... I figure it was suspicious of the green/yellow lure, so i switched it up to a brown 1/4 oz. with a plastic bubble filled with water to help me cast it further. On the first cast i got it pretty far out there, fast retrive making a bunch of bubbles. As the lure got about ten feet to where i was standing a roi came from under a rock and inhaled the lure, then darted back into the hole it came from. It was pretty buried in the rock, so i tightened the drag and tried to yank it outta there, then SNAP my line cut and i lost my lure. Heartbroken I went back home and ordered me a new 1/4 brown and 1 oz. white. Oh BTW Mark, whens the new oaama color gonna make it to the online store??? I very much would like to own some of them. I gonna try that spot again tomorrow morning hopfully get lucky. I would upload some pics but dont know how with my iPhone because all my pics are on there. If anybody knows how please LMK. Mahaloz.
Back to top Go down
fishergirl

fishergirl

Roi Big Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roi Big Island   Roi Big Island EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:02 pm

if you create an account with a online photo service like photobucket (free by the way) you can email your pics from you phone to your account online and then copy the link and insert it here on you thread.

Hope that helps!

Happy catching!!!
Back to top Go down
Richard_O

Roi Big Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roi Big Island   Roi Big Island EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 4:48 pm

fishergirl wrote:
if you create an account with a online photo service like photobucket (free by the way) you can email your pics from you phone to your account online and then copy the link and insert it here on you thread.

Hope that helps!

Happy catching!!!

Thanks fishergirl for the tip. I look forward to posting up some pics as soon as i get lucky. BTW im a big fan of your awesome catches. Mahalo!
Back to top Go down
fishergirl

fishergirl

Roi Big Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roi Big Island   Roi Big Island EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:59 pm

Thanks Rich-O!!! Hopefully I will have some more soon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roi Big Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roi Big Island   Roi Big Island Empty

Back to top Go down

Roi Big Island
Page 1 of 1