MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MWlures on Lanai

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lanairaised

Lanairaised

MWlures on Lanai  Empty
PostSubject: MWlures on Lanai    MWlures on Lanai  EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:37 am

So the first day ended up catching a total of 5 omilus all above 13 inches, 1 lai, 1 table boss, 1 wahanui, countless roi, moana, and poopaa. 3 of those omilus were on a 1/2 turquiose blue black eye and the other omilus were on 1/2 black with red eyes. 5 omilus that day hit the lures on a fast ripping the surface retrieve and one of them hit while jigging like the style shown on the youtube video. Also had one hook up but lost on the 1/2 white with red eyes..pulled hook...and another 2-3lb omilu popped out the hook as i was about to grab the leader to land it, this fish also hit the jigging in front retrieve with the turquiose.
MWlures on Lanai  Family11

MWlures on Lanai  Family12

MWlures on Lanai  Family13

Action ocurred from 7am-4pm
Gear used: symetre 4000/20lb pp nitro medium light brown 8-17lb rating
Owner #6 split rings with swivels connected to lures then 4ft of 40lb yozuri hd carbon albright to bimini
Back to top Go down
Lanairaised

Lanairaised

MWlures on Lanai  Empty
PostSubject: 2nd trip   MWlures on Lanai  EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:59 am

So i went back to whip the grounds today and and it was and amazing day!
No hook ups on the turquoise which was killing it the other day so i switched to the black w/red eyes and caught this 3 1/2lb omilu on my third cast after i switched.. waves were pounding with the nw swell so i kept throwing my lure...then bam!! hooked up to an ulua! maybe 15lb+ and made my reel scream! and rod buckled over mean kine. Fought for about a good 3-5 minutes then slack. F**K!!! Evil or Very Mad reeled in the line and found the 40lb leader frayed and cut about a foot down from the bimini. thought was the pp! It amazed me by how large of a fish it was to hook up on the 1/2oz..but that wasnt the end of it.. walked couple yards down and whipped this shallow reef. Casted out a 1/2 black/red body with black eyes and gold X's and had a massive wake behind the lure! this ulua wacked it and missed sending the lure flying and got the hook tangled on to the leader..tried retrieving the lure in faster but the hook was tangled! o wells i wouldnt have even stood a chance with my gear. this ulua was roughly 30lbs+!! so ended the day with just this one and 2 lost MWs

MWlures on Lanai  Family14
although the lure shown was a turquoise it was caught on the black/red eyes but when i took the pic i already lost the lure to the ulua

Last edited by Lanairaised on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BCboy

BCboy

MWlures on Lanai  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MWlures on Lanai    MWlures on Lanai  EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Thats some mean action Lanairaised must have been a blast! five omilus in one session!!! wow! keep postin those pics.

aloha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MWlures on Lanai  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MWlures on Lanai    MWlures on Lanai  Empty

Back to top Go down

MWlures on Lanai
Page 1 of 1