MWLures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing with Mark White Lures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SPOT INVESTMANT???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ktownwhipper

ktownwhipper

SPOT INVESTMANT??? Empty
PostSubject: SPOT INVESTMANT???   SPOT INVESTMANT??? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:07 am

So i was just wondering how much time or how many casts do you guys invest in a spot before moving?? i sometimes count if i have a place in mind that i would like to reach. ex: 6 casts than walk than 6 casts etc...... i noticed that most times if it didnt happen by the sixth cast it aint hapenen and its time to move on...your thoughts???
Back to top Go down
localhawaii

SPOT INVESTMANT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPOT INVESTMANT???   SPOT INVESTMANT??? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:37 am

For me if its just a quick session after work as the sun is going down, I throw about 100 casts and if I get no action then I call it quits. If its gonna be partial day whipping, I usually fan out left, middle, right, take a few steps to the right and then go recycle back through left, middle right again. I work my way down the whipping area and when I hit the spot where I know theres no action, I work my way back the way I came.
Back to top Go down
MauiGuy

SPOT INVESTMANT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPOT INVESTMANT???   SPOT INVESTMANT??? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Same here, I work one spot without moving by turning left and cast, then straight ahead and cast, then turn right and cast. I do that a few times then change spots twenty feet or so to the left or right depending on where I am at and just repeat till I run out of beach or path on rocks.
Back to top Go down
ktownwhipper

ktownwhipper

SPOT INVESTMANT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPOT INVESTMANT???   SPOT INVESTMANT??? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 4:59 am

rite on guys good to hear the diferent techniques Cool
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

SPOT INVESTMANT??? Empty
PostSubject: When to move on ?   SPOT INVESTMANT??? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:43 pm

When to move on is always a tough question to ask yourself. For me there are a couple of spots that I go to that are hard to get to. So I hangout, change rigs, change lures, wait awhile between casts, try something else. Enjoy the surroundings, etc. Other situations I cast 3 or 4 times in the Mike Sakamoto pie technique, and move on. I sometimes travel for miles in one direction and then work the area again on the way back. Great work out fo sure! m
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishinglureshawaii.com/
Sponsored content

SPOT INVESTMANT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPOT INVESTMANT???   SPOT INVESTMANT??? Empty

Back to top Go down

SPOT INVESTMANT???
Page 1 of 1